Lemon Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10083 times
A hassle-free lunch-box option, lemon rice is a favourite with young and old alike in southern India! Lemon adds the tanginess, while the tempering imparts the aroma to this simple rice delicacy.
Recipe Description for Lemon Rice ( South Indian Recipes )
- To make the lemon rice, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Lemon Rice ( South Indian Recipes )
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.