Hot and Sour Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 13464 times
Hot and sour soup, you can feel your taste buds shift gears from the spicy chilli sauce to the sour vinegar, creating a magical experience! a mélange of neatly chopped veggies cooked in stock or waterand other spices makes this a wholesome treat too. Served best with crisp noodles and typical chinese accompaniments like vinegar, chilli sauce and soya sauce.
Recipe Description for Hot and Sour Soup ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
- Heat the oil in a wok or a deep kadhai till it smokes, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, spring onions and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups of water, cornflour-water mixture, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to a boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour equal portions of soup in 4 bowls and serve immediately with chillies in vinegar, chilli sauce and soya sauce.
See step by step images of Hot and Sour Soup ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.