· You can add mint, lime juice, or fresh ginger to the blender as well to give your puree a bit of kick, or stir it in afterwards to taste.
· If you're using ginger after blending, cut off a few thin slices of fresh ginger root and add it to the puree. Refrigerate for a few hours, then fish out the ginger and discard.
· Try using watermelon puree in margaritas, or just add your favorite spirits and mixers to come up with your own tasty concoction.
· Watermelon juice can be used as a mixer itself, or add some gin or vodka for a cool watermelon martini.
· Fruit-flavored liqueurs are also nice additions to pureed watermelon.
How to store watermelon juice, tarbuj ka ras, tarbuj ka juice
Although freshly consumed has maximum health benefits but if in large quantities the keep refrigerated to best preserve its freshness, taste and juiciness. Don't keep it for more than 24 hours, it shall spoil the taste and hence become unpalatable. One of the best ways is to freeze pureed watermelon in ice cube trays.
Health benefits of watermelon juice, tarbuj ka ras, tarbuj ka juice
· Lycopene in watermelon juice is bio-available, meaning heat treatment isn't required for the body to absorb it (as is required for tomatoes).
· Watermelon juice is fat free
· It is loaded with vitamins A, B6, and C! Vitamin A is important for eye health and can prevent night blindness and boosts the immune system. Vitamin B6 is used by the body to manufacture neurotransmitters such as serotonin, melatonin, and dopamine. Vitamin C also enhances the immune system while protecting the body from free radicals.
· Watermelon is a great source of potassium which regulates fluids and mineral balance in our bodies and protects against high blood pressure. It also prevents muscle cramps.
· Watermelon is a low acid fruit. Your taste buds taste the relationship of sugar to acid. In the case of orange juice (a high acid fruit) you need a lot of natural sugar to make the acid palatable. Watermelon juice tastes sweeter because of its lower acidic content.