• Since sunflower oil is almost tasteless and odourless, it is a good choice for baking.
• Due to its high smoke point, sunflower oil is suitable for deep frying
• Sunflower oil may also be used to prepare mayonnaise, salad dressings or sautéing vegetables.
How to store sunflower oil, surajmukhi ka tel
• Store the sunflower oil in a cool and dark place.
• Avoid reusing the leftover oil from deep frying as reheating oil again and again may affect the chemical composition and rancidity quotient of the oil.
• Unopened bottles or metal containers, can be kept for about a year. Once opened, it should be used within two months, after which, it may turn rancid (bad) and shouldn't be consumed.
• If possible, transfer the oil from the can into a glass bottle to avoid metallic tasting oil; plastic containers shouldn't be used because they may lend a "plastic" taste to the oil.
Health benefits of sunflower oil, surajmukhi ka tel
• Sunflower oil is a concentrated source of energy, is easily digestible and provides essential fatty acids.
• It is a rich source of Vitamin E and polyunsaturated fatty acids, which may help regulate blood cholesterol.
• Linoleic sunflower oil is common cooking oil that has high levels of essential fatty acids called polyunsaturated fat. It is also known for having a clean taste and low levels of transfat.
• Sunflower oil contains very little cholesterol.
• Sunflower oil, like other oils, can retain moisture in the skin. It may also provide a protective barrier that resists infection in pre-term infants.