Last Updated : Sep 07,2022
Viewed 3443 times
What is Soya chaap ? In Northern India, the ribs of mutton or meat are called chaap. The soya meat is wrapped around wooden sticks to give a vegetarian leg-piece-like appearance. Hence, the name soya chaap. All are aware of the goodness of protein-rich soybean. Soya chaap is a type of vegetarian meat and its texture is quite soft and chewy. A dough is made with soy flour or soybean chunks, whole wheat flour, water and salt, further it is wrapped around a wooden stick to make chaap. They are odourless and tasteless by themselves, when boiled or fried they turn spongy, all ready to absorb any flavours you dunk them in, make them a delight to cook with. Biting into one of the chaap peice and letting the absorbed juices explode in your mouth is a foodie's delight.
Culinary uses of Soya chaap
malai soya chaap tikka recipe is highly nutritious and rich in protein hence, incredibly healthy for vegetarians.Tandoori soya chaap is a dish which is cooked in creamy marination, which has crunch of charred vegetables. Further the charred chaap is tossed and coated well in melted butter, fresh cream and chatpata chaat masala.
How to select soya chaap
· You can get fresh, frozen or canned soya chaap.
· Always remember to check the expiry date on the tin.
· Make sure the soya chaap tin/ packet you buy is not leaked or tin is puffed.
· Whenever you are buying soya chaap try to buy the one which has a higher amount of soy flour (i.e. 60-70%)
How to defrost / thaw and cook soya chaap
. To thaw frozen soya chaap, bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add salt and soya chaaps into the boiling water. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
· You can also fry the defrosted soya chaap for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
· Take them out and keep them aside to cool down a little. Then remove the sticks and cut them according to your liking.]
How to cook canned soya chaap?
· If you are using canned soya chaap then drain the brine solution (liquid inside the can, in which the chaaps are dipped).
· Wash them thoroughly under the water for 5 minutes. Pat it dry using a kitchen towel.
· Further you can boil or fry them as per your choice.
How to store soya chaap?
· Store away from direct heat, sunlight or moisture.
· Make sure to consume the same day when you open the tin.
· If the tin is not opened, it can be stored atleast upto 9 months.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.