· Thickened and sweetened pomegranate juice used in cocktail mixing, this syrup is called grenadine syrup. To make grenadine syrup at home, cook sugar and pomegranate juice til it comes to a boil. Cool and store in bottles. Use as required.
· Grenadine is used in traditional recipes of Iran - pomegranate juice and ground walnuts, usually spooned over duck or other poultry and rice, and in ash-e anar (pomegranate soup).
· A sauce from pomegranate juice (narsharab) is usually served with fish or tika kabab.
· Pomegranate sauce made from juice is used as a salad dressing, to marinate meat.
· It is used in a production of wines in Isreal.
· Pomegranate juice is also used in making of liquor and added in yogurts and jams.
How to store pomegranate juice, anar ka ras, anar ka juice
Pomegranate juice should be kept in glass jars tightly sealed in refrigerator. It can keep fresh for 3-4 days.
Health benefits of pomegranate juice, anar ka ras, anar ka juice
Pomegranate juice contains polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins - these are beneficial antioxidants which helps to protect the heart and other organs of the body. Pomegranate juice is also high in vitamin C, a nutrient which helps to build our immunity and fight against infection. But pineapple juice has most of the fibre strained discarded. Also pomegranate juice is considered to be high in carbs, so we would not recommend it to diabetics.