• Coconut oil is good for weight loss diets, as it is easy to digest and increases fat burning.
• It is used by athletes during races such as a Triathlon.
• Good for cooking, as it is stable at high temperatures. It is much better than vegetable oils, which are not stable at the high temperatures in which most Indian foods are cooked.
How to store organic coconut oil
• Coconut oil has a high melting point of 24°C. In cooler weather, it freezes.
• In India, Organic Coconut Oil is normally liquid as our temperatures are warm.
• If it solidifies, then store the coconut oil in a wide-mouthed container so that it is easy to scoop out.
• For massaging, you just need to rub the solidified oil in your palm for a few seconds and it will melt. If you wish to melt it for cooking purposes, warm it directly in the vessel you are going to cook in, or place the coconut oil container inside another container having warm water.
Health benefits of organic coconut oil
• Organic coconut oil is great for weight loss as it provides the correct fats, which are good for you, as against bad fats like vegetable oils.
• Healthy fats from coconut oil are good for your heart.
• It is also good for your thyroid glands.
• Coconut oil provides instant energy.
• Can be used to massage the body, as it works wonders for skin, hair and nails.
• The oil also helps in boosting brain functioning.