Last Updated : Jan 08,2018
Viewed 7385 times
Orange pekoe is a kind of tea not flavoured with orange. It refers to the grade of tea, consisting of large pieces of leaves or even whole leaves. Orange pekoe is a high-quality grade of tea.The term Orange Pekoe is used in the tea industry to describe a basic medium grade black tea consisting of many single whole tea leaves of a specific size; however, it is usually used in popular Western culture to describe any generic black tea.
Flowery Orange Pekoe with golden tips which are the delicate yellow tips of the bud's leaves is also believed to provide significant health benefits. Orange Pekoe is highly fragrant, with strong floral and fruity aromas, as well as a pleasant woody note.
How to Select
Select a well packaged tea brand. Check on the manufacturing as well as the expiry date, for maximum benefits.
· Relax with a cup of steaming, fragrant tea, with cookies or biscuits.
· Orange Pekoe can be used to make Orange Pekoe Lemonade or Iced tea.
· A Cake can be topped off with Orange Pekoe icing
How to Store
Tea easily absorbs moisture and odours and so it is essential that it is kept in a cool dry place away from any strong smelling items. It must be stored in an airtight container not exposed to light and used within a reasonable time. Because light breaks down the quality of tea, glass containers are not suitable for the storage of tea unless stored away from light.
· Not only is tea soothing and delicious, but it is healthy too.
· Black Tea contains 1/3 less caffeine than coffee or cola, helps reduce fatigue, maintains mental alertness, stabilizes fluid levels and is fat free.
· The antioxidant in tea help prevent cancers of the mouth, stomach, pancreas, lungs, esophagus, colon, breast and prostate.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.