Last Updated : Apr 19,2021
Viewed 13482 times
What is mint syrup, pudina syrup ?
Mint Syrup is prepared by cooking mint leaves with water and sugar and then straining it. Mint syrup is used in variety of mocktails and cocktails. One can easily make mint syrup at home by simply cooking them with water and required amount of sugar. It is also easily available in market. It is a thick sweet sticky liquid made with sugar and other ingredients.
How to Select mint syrup, pudina
• To make at home, choose clean, green mint leaves that have ne bruises.
• Whereas choosing from market, check on the different labels and their ingredients and then purchase a good quality brand.
• Opt for a transparent and fine liquid.
• If you find sugar granules or dark coloured particles please avoid purchasing it.
Culinary Uses of mint syrup, pudina
• Use these syrups to flavour chocolates or create exciting desserts.
• It is frequently used in the preparation of chilled beverages, soda water and ice slush.
• It is also used solo or in combination with other syrups to create cocktails and mocktails.
How to Store mint syrup, pudina
• It is best to refrigerate in an air tight bottle, use within the expiry.
• Check regularly by shaking the bottle and placing it back in the refrigerator.
• Homemade mint syrups can be stored refrigerated for upto 6 months.
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• The product stays fresh for about a year when stored in the refrigerator, however keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of mint intact.
• If these unopened bottles are stored in the refrigerator, it lasts for upto 2 years with the flavour and taste intact. However keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.