Last Updated : Jan 06,2018
Viewed 10401 times
This squash is made from the flesh of fully ripe lychees. With the addition of water, sugar and citric acid, the juice of lychees are then heated on a low flame until it gets reduced to a thick syrup, which is filtered, cooled, coloured and preserved. Some lychee squashes contain chunks of fruit or are completely clear of any. To dilute the squash into a beverage mix one part concentrate with four or five parts chilled water.
How to select
• It is readily available in grocery stores under many brand names.
• Ensure that the seal is unbroken.
• Please read the manufacturing date to ensure maximum product freshness.
• If the syrup looks crystallized or too watery please refrain from buying it.
• Lychee squash is usually used to make refreshing summer beverages.
• Add the squash to yoghurt or cream to make flavoured lassi or lychee smoothies.
• Lychee squash can be added to cocktails or mocktails, ice creams and even iced teas for their distinct flavour and their light pink colour.
How to store
• Lychee squash should be stored in glass bottles and can be used upto six months from the date of manufacturing.
• Until the seal is broken, store the unopened bottle in a cool, dry place at room temperature
• After breaking the seal, refrigerate the product to extend its shelf life.
• Since syrups contains a high amount of sugar, it acts as a preservative and ensures that the product has a long shelf life.
• Unopened bottles remain for a year with the flavour and taste of lychee intact.
• If these unopened bottles are stored in the refrigerator, it lasts for upto 2 years with the flavour and taste intact. However keep in mind the expiry date and use accordingly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.