gulab jamun mix
Last Updated : Feb 10,2018
Viewed 31220 times
Description Uses Gulab Jamun Mix
Gulab jamun mix refers to a blend of ingredients, which are necessary to prepare an Indian sweet called gulab jamun. The Gulab jamun mix comprises of skimmed milk, maida, butter, rava, baking soda and cardamom. They are available in the market under many brand names. The existing method for the preparation of gulab jamun is suitable at cottage scale. Khoa is generally used as a base, which causes wide variations in flavour, texture and chemical composition of the sweet. Good quality khoa may not be available all the year round in different parts of the country. In order to overcome these difficulties, a ready-to-form gulab jamun mix powder formulation based on skimmed milk powder with six months shelf life has been developed. Gulab jamun Mixes are a delightful and easy way to make the most mouth-watering delicacies at home. Whether it is a special occasion or just a regular meal, follow the simple step-by-step instructions on the pack and sweeten your family's day!
How to select
Check the expiry date before buying.
Culinary Uses Gulab Jamun Mix
· Gulab jamun mix is used to prepare a popular Indian sweet called gulab jamuns.
· The production of gulab jamun starts with the preparation of sugar syrup.
· For the preparation of dough and balls, instant gulab jamun mix is added with required quantity of water (50-55 ml for 100 g mix) and kneaded well until smooth body is obtained. Normally, 100 g instant mix yields 13 balls.
· The preformed balls are covered with a wet cloth to arrest evaporation of moisture and case hardening until they are transferred to the frying pan.
· The balls are deep fried in refined vegetable oil or hydrogenated vegetable fat (ghee optional) at 122-130°C for 20 min till the colour becomes golden brown.
· The excess fat from the surface of the fried balls is drained and the balls are transferred into sugar syrup maintained at 60°C. It is soaked for at least 6 hrs and served hot.
How to store Gulab Jamun Mix
Store the mix in an airtight container and keep it in a cool dry place. The mix powder stays good for about six months at room temperature and can be conveniently used in the preparation of gulab jamun at any time.
Health benefits Uses Gulab Jamun Mix
· Gulab jamun mix is high in calories and should be used only for special preparations.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.