· Grapefruit juice as dressing, add a tangy spark to green salads.
· Instead of your morning glass of Orange Juice, have a glass of grapefruit juice.
· Grapefruit juice can be added to many cocktails and mocktails with other juices or alcohol.
How to store grapefruit juice, chakotra ka juice, chakotra ka ras
Since grapefruits are juicier when they're slightly warm rather than cool, store them at room temperature if you are planning on consuming them within a week of purchase. If you will not be using them within this time period, store them in the refrigerator crisper where they will keep fresh for two to three weeks. The grape fruit juice should be consuming shortly after extraction or within a day of refrigeration.
Health benefits of grapefruit juice, chakotra ka juice, chakotra ka ras
· Grapefruit juice is an excellent source of many nutrients and phytochemicals, able to contribute to a healthy diet.
· Grapefruit juice is a good source of vitamin C,pectin fiber and the pink and red hues contain the beneficial antioxidant lycopene.
· Studies have shown grapefruit helps lower cholesterol and there is evidence that the seeds have high levels of antioxidant properties
· It also eases constipation, as it causes loosening of the bowels and stimulates defecation
· With its high fiber content and low glycemic load, grapefruit juice may also be a secret weight-loss weapon.