Last Updated : Sep 29,2017
Viewed 27268 times
Glucose powder is corn syrup solids in a convenient powder form. It is water soluble and is widely used in the preparation of foods, beverages, baking, canning and the pharmaceutical industry. It can be used as a direct substitute for granulated sugar. Glucose powder is easier to dissolve, ferments faster and leaves less sediment. Apart from the plain form, glucose powder is also available in different flavours like orange and lime. Glucose powders are used in protein powders and can be had with water, whey or milk.
How to select
• Check the use-by date before buying.
• Choose a good brand to avoid adulteration.
• The powder should be without any lumps and discoloration.
• Select the flavour as per your preference or recipe requirement.
• Glucose powder is used in many baking products like cake mixes and frostings, snack foods like cookies, crackers and pretzels, and desserts like custards and ice creams.
• It is used in sorbets or ice creams to avoid water crystallisation.
• In confectionaries, it helps keep the product smooth.
How to store
• Keep in a cool, dry environment for up to 12 months.
• Glucose powder is a good source of energy and a regular constituent of post workout protein shakes and drinks.
• Glucose powder helps to replenish the energy stores during and just after a workout.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.