Last Updated : Jan 30,2018
Viewed 5486 times
As the name suggests these syrups are flavoured either naturally or artificially with the essence of fruits or plants. It is a densely thick, sweet liquid that is the end result of having boiled water, dissolved sugar and the naturally extracted juice of fruits or plants. Flavoured syrup is purely used for adding both colour and flavour to a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. From coconut to toasted marshmallow, orange raspberry to minty lime... the choice of single and dual flavoured syrups is vast and can be used creatively in the kitchen.
How to select
• Select from the vast variety of flavoured syrup as per your individual preference or as per the recipe requirements.
• The bottle or cans should be checked for its manufacturing and expiry dates.
• Any signs of spoilage, bubbling, leakage or rusting (in case of metallic cans) should be a clear indication of what not to purchase.
• Adding a shot of syrup can really add flavour and some texture to your basic cup of cold coffee or tea.
• Flavoured syrups can be used generously as a topping on pancakes, waffles and slices of cake served with vanilla ice cream.
• Fruit flavoured ice teas are popular beverages especially during summer.
• Be creative in the kitchen and use the syrup to maximise the taste of beverages and desserts.
How to store
Store flavoured syrups in coloured bottles in cool and dark place.
• Homemade flavoured syrups should be stored in coloured bottles.
• Keep it handy in a cool and dark place.
• Store flavoured syrups in a refrigerator to maximise its shelf life.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.