Last Updated : Sep 29,2017
Viewed 5171 times
Dry Sherry is a fortified Spanish wine from the Jerez region of southern Spain. This wine ranges from very dry to sweet and from amber to brown in colour.
It is basically an apretif which is aged using the Solera system.
How to select
There are many brands available in wine-shops. Choose according to the food being served with it. Some revered varieties are Fino sherry, manzanilla sherry or Amontilado sherry.
· It is ideal with tapas, soups, seafood, fish, ham and mild cheese.
· It is a good match for white meats, oily fish and mature cheese.
· Dry sherry is mixed in many cocktails.
· It is also used in chicken stock.
How to store
Store dry sherry bottle upright in a dark place. This keeps oxidization to a minimum and ensures the taste is kept as vibrant as possible. A good sherry can be safely stored unopened for 18-36 months, depending on the type of sherry. Once opened the flavor starts to fade, so dry sherry must be refrigerated to keep it as fresh as possible.
· Moderate consumption of sherry prevents coronary heart diseases and reduces cholesterol levels.
· Moderate consumption helps prevent thickening of arteries.
· It has flavanoids that exhibit anti-oxidant properties which prevent blood clots.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.