Last Updated : Mar 28,2018
Viewed 3505 times
Also known as
Craisins, Crazens, Dried Bearberry, Dried Craneberry, Dried Bounceberry
Dried cranberries are deeper red in colour. Cranberries can be dried by allowing cranberries to sit overnight in water-sugar solution and then freeze-drying it. They can also be blended with vegetable oil so that they do not stick to each other.
Chopped dried cranberries
How to select
Ensure that the dried cranberries are whole and not bruised or broken. Readily available dried cranberries are available in sweet and tart flavours and should always be checked for freshness and its taste.
· Dried cranberries can be added to breads and green salads.
· Sweet dried cranberries can be used as sweetener instead of sugar.
· Use them while baking muffins, cakes, pastries.
How to store
Dried cranberries have to be stored in glass jars and blended with oil so that they do not adhere to each other. Keep them away from moisture and refrigerate it.
· Dried cranberries have more calories than fresh cranberries.
· They have higher count of fibre as compared to fresh cranberries.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.