• Corn syrup is a popular sweetening ingredient in baked goods, candy, frostings, jams, jellies, etc.
• Corn syrup can be used to make cookies, rice crispies, caramel snack mixes, nutritional bars, ice creams and sorbets.
• It is a common ingredient for chocolates, fudges, cakes and biscuits.
• If you'd like to substitute light corn syrup, use equal parts of honey or golden syrup, which is made out of cane sugar.
• If you'd like to substitute dark corn syrup, use equal parts molasses or maple syrup.
• Corn syrup substitutes are sweeter and lend their own flavour to the recipe.
How to store corn syrup
• Store corn syrup in tightly sealed containers at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
• Tightly seal the product after use.