coffee caramel sauce
Last Updated : Jan 22,2018
Viewed 3362 times
As the name suggests, this sauce is prepared by heating the sugar syrup and adding a dash of coffee. This is a perfect sauce for those of you who love caramel but crave a dash of coffee in your sweets. It is the perfect topping over ice cream, adds pizzazz over mangoes or other simple fruits, and gives a delicious twist to shortbread or sugar cookies. At home, the sauce can be prepared by boiling the sugar syrup until it turns a deep caramel color, taking care that you do not allow it to burn.
Remove from heat and stir in the coffee, cream, and coffee granules until all are dissolved. Because the caramelized sugar is very hot, you would need to stir carefully to avoid bubbles. Return the pan to medium heat and continue to stir the mixture until thoroughly mixed. Turn up the heat and boil until the mixture thickens, about five more minutes. Add the vanilla, butter and salt. Stir once more and pour into a warmed pitcher or gravy bowl, and serve as per recipe requirement. This sauce imparts a wonderful rich caramel flavour.
How to select
The sauce is usually prepared at home. While buying bottled sauce, always check the expiry date and look out for any discoloration or gas formation( bubbles) in the bottle, especially near the tip.
· This sauce is perfectly formulated for use in espresso-based drinks, this sauce is also great in chocolate drinks and as an ice cream or dessert topping.
· Add the sauce on your sundae, sorbets, soufflés, pie or even puddings
· The caramel sauce may be used for flavouring tea and coffees such as banana caramel latte' or milk shakes.
How to store
Keep the bottles in a dark cool cupboard for 3 months before using if you can. After opening the seal, keep sauce in the fridge and add a teaspoon to your next dish for a delectable taste.
· This sauce is low in fat content and is a good source of energy.
· And since its buttery, creamy flavor enhances food so uniquely, it can easily replace fattier beverage options like colas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.