• A variety of sweets and desserts are topped with cinnamon sugar, to give an appealing and characteristic flavour to the recipe.
• You could sprinkle it over an apple pie crust before baking.
• Cinnamon sugar may be dusted over apple slices, to make a simple snack.
• It can also be used to garnish cooked Basmati rice or tandoori chicken.
• Spread butter over toasted bread and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over it. It can be relished at tea time.
• Cinnamon sugar biscuits are loved by children and elders alike.
• Mouth-watering cinnamon sugar donut muffins can be made, wherein you need to sprinkle cinnamon sugar just after removing the muffins from the oven.
• It can be stirred into beverages such as mocha.
• Other sweets over which it can be used include:
o French Toast
o Raisin Bread
o Coffee cake
o Cinnamon Rolls
How to store cinnamon sugar, brown sugar cinnamon
• When prepared at home, it can be stored in a glass bottle or a vacuum bottle in a dry place.
• Do not refrigerate, as moisture may lead the powder to granulate and sugar lumps may be formed.
• Always lid the container tight once opened.
Health benefits of cinnamon sugar, brown sugar cinnamon
• Since it consists of cinnamon as a chief ingredient, it has lots of nutritive benefits.
• Cinnamon consists of essential oils and certain volatile acids which have the power of healing.
• Cinamaldehyde present in cinnamon works on the blood platelets and prevents unwanted clumping of blood after a physical injury. Thus it is considered as anti-clotting and anti-inflammatory food.
• Researches also agree on its anti-microbial activity. It helps stop the growth of bacteria, fungi and the yeast Candida.
• When accompanied with major meals, cinnamon controls the rise in blood sugar levels. Hence it is good for diabetics.
• Consumption of cinnamon especially in winters, gives a warming effect to the body.
However sugar has ill effects on the body. So consume occasionally and in very limited quantities.