Last Updated : Dec 18,2020
Viewed 18038 times
What is chocolate syrup?
Chocolate syrup is a great last minute addition to milkshakes, frappes, desserts and ice creams. Unlike chocolate sauce which is thick and gooey, chocolate syrup is thinner in consistency. Commercially made chocolate syrup is derived from the mix of cocoa powder, corn syrup, sugar base, natural or artificial flavourings, and water. You can also make it at home increasing or decreasing the consistency of the syrup as per your taste.
How to select chocolate syrup
• Hershey's is probably the most popular and most often bought store variety of chocolate syrup.
• Please do not purchase the syrup if the container shows signs of cracking, spoilage or leakage.
• The manufacturing and expiry details must be carefully read before purchasing the product.
• Commercially bought syrups contains high amounts of high fructose corn syrup. Please read the label carefully before purchasing.
Culinary Uses of chocolate syrup
• Adding a shot of syrup can really add flavour and some texture to your basic cup of cold coffee or tea.
• Chocolate syrups can be used generously as a topping on pancakes, waffles and slices of cake served with vanilla ice cream.
• Mocha lattes are popular caffeine beverages that are a mix of both chocolate syrup and coffee.
• Be creative in the kitchen and use the syrup to maximise the taste of beverages and desserts. You can't go wrong with chocolate!
How to store chocolate syrup
• Store chocolate syrups in a refrigerator to maximise its shelf life.
• If the chocolate syrup has been made at home, please store it in a coloured bottle so that it doesn't get affected by direct light.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.