Last Updated : Dec 18,2020
Viewed 1849 times
What is caramel sauce?
A sugar-based sauce with a rich taste, Caramel Sauce is used commonly in baking confectionaries. It is light to dark brown in colour, and is made with sugar, water, butter and cream. If required, a pinch of salt may be added to get a brown and creamy caramel sauce. Store-bought caramel sauces are made in bulk by companies by mixing different varieties of sugar.
Caramel sauce, with its appetizing colour and intense flavour, is used to flavour puddings and desserts. A variety of candies, toffees, desserts confectionaries are made using this sauce. Square toffees and candies are commonly made using this caramel mixture.
How to select caramel sauce
• This sauce is readily available at stores, in the baking section.
• It is usually sold bottled.
• Check the date of manufacturing and expiry before purchasing.
Culinary Uses of caramel sauce
• Caramel sauce is used as a topping for desserts.
• It can be drizzled on pancakes and toasts to make a delicious breakfast.
• When added to coffee, you get wonderful Caramel Coffee.
How to store caramel sauce
• Store as per the instructions on the bottle.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.