• There is practically no limits to the tastes you can experiment with. Adding a shot of butterscotch syrup can really add flavour and texture to your basic cup of coffee or tea.
• Butterscotch syrups can be used to flavour milkshake, tea and coffee and as a topping on pancakes, waffles and slices of plain cheesecake.
• Cold coffee like frappes use butterscotch sauce to give it a rich, decadent taste.
How to store butterscotch syrup
• Store butterscotch syrups in coloured bottles in a cool and dark space.
• Homemade butterscotch keeps for about 5 days when refrigerated.
• Ensure that the butterscotch syrup is not exposed to direct sunlight.
• When buying the commercial variety the preservatives ensure that the product stays best at room temperature before and after opening