French Beans and Carrot Thoran Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1477 times
French Beans and Carrot Thoran Video. ‘Thoran’ is a traditional vegetable preparation that is popular in Kerala. It is a dry subzi that can be prepared with many different veggies. First, the veggies are sautéed with onions and an aromatic tempering of seeds and red chillies, and then it is perked up with a tasty mixture of coconut and other ingredients.
Recipe Description for French Beans and Carrot Thoran, Kerala Dry Sabzi
- Combine the coconut, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds and garlic in a plate and mix very well using your hands. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and kashmiri red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, french beans, carrot and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp water, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared coconut mixture and coconut oil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.