Curry Of Tofu, Mushrooms and Vegetables ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 76 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49640 times
The true highlight of this dish is the paste that is made using red chillies, onions and other well-chosen ingredients. You can make it fresh for a better taste; or to save time, you can make it in bulk and deep-freeze to use as and when required.
Healthy ingredients like tofu, mushroom and other veggies enhance this recipe’s health quotient while a basket of creatively-combined ingredients make it a delight for the taste-buds. If you do not like tofu, you can replace it with low fat paneer.
Thai cooking is incomplete without coconut milk but as a matter of fact it is high in fat; I have therefore restricted its use to ½ cup as compared to the original recipe that calls for almost 3 times more. Another key ingredient in Thai cooking is lemon grass, which can be used liberally without any fear of calories… this is the secret behind the refreshing touch of most Thai recipes.
Add your private note
Curry Of Tofu, Mushrooms and Vegetables ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe ) recipe - How to make Curry Of Tofu, Mushrooms and Vegetables ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 servings
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the coconut milk, milk and the prepared paste, mix well and cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture releases aroma.
- Add the mushrooms, green peas, carrots, french beans, tofu, basil leaves, soya sauce, lemon grass, lemon rind, lemon juice and salt and mix gently.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the lemon grass releases its juices.
- Discard the lemon grass bundle and serve hot.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.