Chitrana Rice Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 14152 times
Another popular traditional rice preparation from karnataka! this is one version of the recipe made using powdered spices. Alternatively, it can also be made by processing the ingredients into a gravy called gojju and then mixing it with cooked rice.
Recipe Description for Chitranna Rice ( South Indian Recipes )
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and raw peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry red chillies and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, asafetida and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, lemon juice and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, finally add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.