Cheesy Spring Onion Cigars Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 2488 times
A starter with a super exotic touch, the Cheesy Spring Onion Cigars will floor all your guests with its amazingly cheesy texture and peppy flavour. Since it is made with readymade samosa pattis, this starter has a wonderfully crisp cover, and is also quite easy to prepare! You will thoroughly enjoy the strong scents of spring onions and the gooey mouth-feel typical of cheesy starters! However, remember like all cheese-based snacks, this must be served immediately on preparation before the cheese hardens.
Recipe Description for Cheesy Spring Onion Cigars
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 27 pieces in all.
- Place one piece of the samosa patti on a clean, dry surface and place 1 tsp of the stuffing at one corner of a samosa patti piece. Roll it up tighly and seal using the maida-water mixture. Seal both the open ends also with the maida-water mixture.
- Repeat wit the remaining pattis and stuffing to make 26 more cigars.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry a few cigars at a time, on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with schezuan sauce.
See step by step images of Cheesy Spring Onion Cigars Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.