How many calories does one glass Chocolate Almond Milk have?
One glass Chocolate Almond Milk gives 152 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 29 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 110 calories. One glass Chocolate Almond Milk provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Chocolate Almond Milk recipe. While everybody is convinced about the health benefits of almond milk, especially for vegans and those on a heavy training/ workout regime, the price of most commercial brands puts us off! Plus, some people do not like the bland taste of plain almond milk. Here is an easy-to-make but cost-effective Chocolate Almond Milk that tastes awesome and is sure to satiate you! We suggest you follow the recipe exactly as given because we have arrived at these proportions after significant trials. Even slight changes like using cinnamon powder instead of whole cinnamon spoils the taste. In fact, it is the perfect blend of vanilla essence, whole cinnamon and cocoa powder that gives this almond milk its awesome flavour! We have also used dates instead of sugar to sweeten this vegan breakfast shake in a healthy way. Apart from being a viable choice for vegans and lactose-intolerant people, this high protein and high calcium shake is also ideal for those on a training and exercise regime.
Is Chocolate Almond Milk healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened : Cocoa is rich in polyphenols like flavonoids, catechins and epicatechins. These show anti-inflammatory effect as well help the body get rid of harmful free radicals and thus reduce the onset of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Small amounts of cocoa powder have been proven to reduce insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar control and benefit diabetics. Some random trials with cocoa powder have exhibited reduction in the levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body making it good for heart and good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of cocoa powder.
2. Almonds (badam) :Unsweetened almond milk is made from almonds and water. Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
3. Dates (Khajur) : 1 cup of dates (90 gm) gives around 8.05 gm of fiber and will lower down the cholesterol level and will also aid in weight loss. A cup of dates contain 703 mg of potassium (14.95% of RDA) which helps in the regulation of blood pressure and also prevents formation of kidney stones. Dates have a low glycemic index from 43 to 55 depending on the variety, so they are a boon to diabetics to satisfy their sweet tooth. See details for 8 super benefits of dates.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chocolate Almond Milk?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Unsweetened almond milk is made from almonds and water. Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. Small amounts of cocoa powder have been proven to reduce insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar control and benefit diabetics.
Dates have a low glycemic index from 43 to 55 depending on the variety, so they are a boon to diabetics to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Can healthy individuals have Chocolate Almond Milk?
Chocolate Almond Milk is high in
1. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin E : Vitamin E balances cholesterol levels, repairs damaged skin and keeps hair shiny.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 152 calories that come from Chocolate Almond Milk?
Walking (6 kmph) = 46 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 20 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 26 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.