How many calories does one serving of Lapsi have?
One serving of Lapsi gives 286 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 160 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 113 calories. One serving of Lapsi provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
286 calories for 1 serving of Lapsi, Pressure- Cooked Broken Wheat Dessert Recipe, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 40.1g, Protein 2.7g, Fat 12.6g.
See Lapsi recipe. fada lapsi in pressure cooker recipe | pressure cooker lapsi | how to cook lapsi in pressure cooker | Gujarati fada lapsi in pressure cooker | with 16 amazing images.
Gujarati fada lapsi in pressure cooker is fuss-free version of making an Indian sweet with broken wheat. Learn how to cook lapsi in pressure cooker.
To make fada lapsi in pressure cooker, heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till it turns light pink in colour. Add the raisins and cashewnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a minute. Add the sugar and 1½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 4 whistles. Allow the steam to escape using natural/ quick release method (refer handy tip) before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with cardamom powder.
Lapsi, a yummy dessert hardly needs any introduction! Broken wheat normally takes time to cook. However, in the Pressure Cooker it cooks properly and swells promptly. Try this quick version of pressure cooker lapsi.
Is Lapsi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Dalia ( Broken Wheat, Bulgar Wheat) : High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. Strong Bones are the backbone of our body. We are aware that with age our bone mineral density decreases and we need a good dose of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium to maintain the health of our bones and dalia provides that. See here for detailed 8 amazing benefits of dalia.
2. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
3. Cashew Nuts (kaju) : In general, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and pinenuts are a healthy snack to carry keep with you as they are rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and good for heart. They are a healthy snack for Diabetics. Dietary intakes of cashew and other foods rich in magnesium helps to regulate blood pressure. See 9 amazing benefits of cashew nuts for complete details.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Lapsi?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
What is a healthier Indian dessert option ?
We suggest you try low fat gajjar halwa recipe which uses dates as a sweetener and low fat milk which works well for diabetics. Also Dry fruits stuffed dates is healthy. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery, oats and dates kheer and anjeer and mixed nuts barfi (not for diabetics).
Try a jowar based Indian dessert which is s a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. The jowar apple sheera recipe is made with the addition of cows milk and apples and sweetened with honey.
Jowar Apple Sheera, Healthy Indian Sweet
Can healthy individuals have Lapsi?
Lapsi is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 286 calories that come from Lapsi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 26 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 29 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 38 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 49 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.