How many calories does one Coconut and Rava Ladoo have?
One Coconut and Rava Ladoo gives 132 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 64 calories, proteins account for 4 calorie and remaining calories come from fat which is 64 calories. One Coconut and Rava Ladoo provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
132 calories for 1 Coconut and Rava Ladoo (Laddu), Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrates 16.1g, Protein 1g, Fat 7.1g. Find how much fibre, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, folic acid is present in Coconut and Rava Ladoo (Laddu)
Click here to view Coconut and Rava Ladoo recipe. With the chewy texture of coconut, the rich flavour of roasted rava, the crunch of nuts and dried fruits, and the intense aroma of spices, this Coconut and Rava Ladoo is a mouthful of delight that nobody can resist! Although the procedure is a little long, requiring a spot of cooking and a period of cooling, the method is actually easy and foolproof if you follow the instructions properly, so you will find it completely worth the effort and time spent.
To make coconut rava ladoo, dry roast the semolina.This will remove the raw taste and also if the semolina is not roasted the ladoos will be sticky. Next, add the coconut and mix well. Keep aside. Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a sauce pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep this sugar syrup aside to cool slightly. Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the semolina-coconut mixture, cashewnuts and raisins, mix well, while stirring continuously. Add the sugar syrup, saffron would give an amazing colour to the ladoo and cardamom powder for aroma and taste , while stirring continuously.
Transfer the mixture into a 10" (250 mm.) diameter thali and spread it evenly using a flat ladle. Keep aside to cool for 2 hours. Once cooled, scrape out the mixture from the thali and again mix well. Divide dough into 26 equal portions and shape each portion in between your palms into a round ladoo. Serve or store the coconut and rava ladoo in an air-tight container.
The best part is that these rava coconut ladoo will be thoroughly enjoyed by kids and adults as well. You can also pack this sweet, a traditional Indian favourite for your kids tiffin and yours too.
Maharashtrians commonly make this rava coconut ladoo for their daughters who are pregnant.
Is Coconut and Rava Ladoo healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Coconut : The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
2. Ghee : Other than calories and fats, the only nutrients that ghee is rich in are the vitamins – all of which are fat-soluble. All the 3 vitamins (Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin K) are antioxidants which have a role in removing free radicals from the body and protecting our cell as well as help in maintaining skin health and glow. Ghee is an excellent, high-quality selection medium of cooking because of its high smoke point. As compared to most oils and butter, ghee can handle a smoke point of 230°C, 450°F, thus its less prone to oxidant and destruction of nutrients. Yes, ghee does contain cholesterol, but some amount of cholesterol is needed by the body. Cholesterol has some functions to play too. It is necessary for hormone production, brain function, cell health and lubricating the joints. It is, in reality, a high quality fat for the body and brain. Ghee is loaded with fats but that’s medium chain fatty acids (MCT) which aid in weight loss. Ghee is healthy for daibetics in small amounts and you need to check your fat intake at the same time. Learn to easily make your ghee at home which is free of preservatives. See benefits of ghee.
3. Cashew Nuts (kaju) : In general, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and pinenuts are a healthy snack to carry keep with you as they are rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and good for heart. They are a healthy snack for Diabetics. Dietary intakes of cashew and other foods rich in magnesium helps to regulate blood pressure. See 9 amazing benefits of cashew nuts for complete details.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar. Refinded carbohydrates like maida, sugar, bread, pasta, noodles and sugar on consumption get stored as unhealthy fat in the body.
2. Rava (semolina, sooji) : What's good? Semolina is a fairly good source of Magnesium and phosphorus which is necessary to keep our nervous system healthy and working. But once again, it’s minus the fibre which is also one of the important nutrient to maintain healthy heart. So don’t opt for just the plain rava upma… instead toss in some sprouts or veggies and limit the amount of salt used and then add it occasionally to your meals. What's the issue? Fibre is one key nutrient for weight loss and semolina is devoid of it. Semolina is not suitable for diabetics. For details read is sooji healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Coconut and Rava Ladoo?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it.
Which ladoo is fairly healthy?
Try picking a ladoo recipe which has no rava or sugar to it and less fat. In Wheat flour and jaggery ladoo we have replaced rava and sugar with wheat flour and jaggery. Yet this is to be had in restricted quantity. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery and oats is super healthy.
Whole Wheat Flour and Jaggery Ladoo
Can healthy individuals have Coconut and Rava Ladoo?
How to burn 132 calories that come from one Coconut and Rava Ladoo?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual