How many calories does one Chilli Cheese Toast have?
One Chilli Cheese Toast gives 135 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 28 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 59 calories. One Chilli Cheese Toast provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Chilli Cheese Toast, Baked Chilli Cheese Toast | chilli cheese toast recipe | Indian style chilli cheese toast | baked chilli cheese toast | with 14 amazing images.
The use of two varieties of cheese in just the right proportions and a sprinkling of mustard powder along with the chilli flakes makes this version of chilli cheese toast very special.
Notes on baked chilli cheese toast. 1. In a bowl take cheese. You can add half mozzarella and have processed cheese as well. 2. Add milk. It will help in binding all the ingredients of the topping and also give our chilli cheese toast recipe a creamier texture. 3. We are using both chilli flakes and green chillies to get that spicy kick and vibrant colour, if you are afraid of spice, skip or reduce the quantity. For a crunchy bite, you can toss in some veggies like onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, olives or capsicum to the topping. 4. Grill v in a pre-heated oven at 200’C (400’F) for 8 to 10 minutes, till they turn golden brown in colour on top. If you do not have an oven or are looking for a quick alternative then place the veg chilli cheese toast on a hot tava, cover and cook till the cheese melts.
Adding a little milk to the cheese ensures it coats the bread well and doesn’t dry up while baking chilli cheese toast.
However, make sure you serve this baked chilli cheese toast as soon as you prepare it, to relish its fresh flavour, strong aroma of toasted spices and ideal texture.
The Indian style chilli cheese toast is delicious and filling and a pairs well with soups as well as beverages , the choice is yours.
Is Chilli Cheese Toast healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
Mozzarella cheese : Regardless of the type of milk used to create it, Mozzarella cheese is a concentrated source of the nutrients naturally found in milk, including calcium.
• The one nutritional drawback of reduced-fat cheeses is that they are usually higher in sodium than full-fat natural cheeses.
• Mozzarella also contains a large amount of other essential nutrients such as phosphorous, zinc, riboflavin, vitamin B12 and vitamin A.
• It is a dense source of high quality protein.
Mustard powder, sarson ka powder : Mustard is known to be very helpful for digestion, and can help to speed up your metabolism.
• It is antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Red chillies: The substance capsaicin which the red chillie their characteristic spiciness may help reduce inflammation in the body. The cayenne in red chillies has shown to have heart protecting benefits in a few studies. On the other hand, the vitamin C in it, can also boost immunity to some extent. They also contain some amounts of beta carotene, very few carbs and a small amount of protein and fibre.
Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or use in very small quantities as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood sugar levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Chilli Cheese Toast?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Here are some Healthy Indian snack options.
You can have Baked Samosa with mixed sprouts, Matarsutir Kachori, Oats Moong Dal Tikki, Baked methi muthia recipe, Zunka recipe, moong dal dhokla recipe, bajra carrot onion uttapam recipe , baked palak jowar murukku, mini jowar pancakes, oats upma or buckwheat pancake as one healthy recipe option.
Oats Moong Dal Tikki
Can healthy individuals have Chilli Cheese Toast?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
One Chilli Cheese Toast is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 135 calories that come from one Chilli Cheese Toast?
Walking (6 kmph) = 41 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 18 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 23 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.