Broccoli and Potato Balls Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 4348 times
Broccoli and potato are different in every way, from the flavour and appearance to the texture. Interestingly, the two combine very well to make a scrumptious starter. The two veggies are perked up with soy sauce, ginger, garlic and other typical, readily-available oriental ingredients, batter coated and deep fried. The outcome is a fantabulous starter that is attractively crunchy outside and comfortingly soft inside. You are sure to enjoy this contrast in the Broccoli and Potato Balls.
Recipe Description for Broccoli and Potato Balls
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the green chillies, ginger and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the broccoli and soya sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool for a while.
- Add the potatoes, cornflour and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- Dip each ball in the plain flour-water mixture and then roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few balls at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with schezuan sauce.
See step by step images of Broccoli and Potato Balls Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.