Bohri Khichdi Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 11759 times
Stylish, peppy khichdi! layer the khichdi with fried onions, rice, dal and the gravy. While making the gravy, remember to add curds after switching off the gas to avoid curdling. Serve hot with curds to enjoy a totally scrumptious meal.
Recipe Description for Bohri Khichdi ( Desi Khana )
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the prepared paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the curds and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the rice, toovar dal and salt in a bowl and mix well. Divide into it 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the onions and oil in a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes or till the onions turn crispy.
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with ghee, spread ½ the fried onions and ½ the rice-dal mixture evenly over it using a spoon.
- Pour all the prepared gravy over it and spread it evenly.
- Spread the remaining rice-dal mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally spread the remaining onions over it and pour the milk evenly over it.
- Cover it with a microwave-safe plate and cook in a microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with curds.
See step by step images of Bohri Khichdi ( Desi Khana ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.