Bean and Capsicum Pizza Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 8977 times
A scrumptious pizza with crunchy capsicum and juicy jalapenos, a spicy bean topping and loads of cheese. The pungent and aromatic mixture of kidney beans, tomatoes, onions, chillies and desi spice powders like cumin and coriander makes all the difference to the bean and jalapeno pizza.
Recipe Description for Bean and Capsicum Pizza
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while mashing it occasionally with help of a potato masher.
- Add the tomato purée, rajma and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while mashing it occasionally with help of a potato masher.
- Cool slightly and divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the bean topping and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of jalapenos, ¼ cup of capsicum and finally ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more pizzas.
- Place 2 pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the cheese melts.
- Repeat step 4 to bake 2 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Bean and Capsicum Pizza Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.