Batata Chips nu Shaak Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 10886 times
Completely unique, the Batata Chips nu Shaak is sure to enthrall your taste buds with its amazing crunch and irresistible flavour. Crispy fried potato strips are tossed with sautéed cashews, aromatic seeds and spice powders to make a wonderful shaak that combines beautifully with rotis, puris or steaming hot rice. We would like to warn you though that if there is a delay in bringing the rotis, the shaak will be wiped off the bowl as it is so tasty just by itself! In fact, most of the magic in this Gujarati style delicacy is worked by the sesame, poppy and cumin seeds, which impart not just a brilliant flavour and aroma but also a delectable crunch to the dish. Serve it hot and fresh before the potatoes get soggy.
Recipe Description for Batata Chips Nu Shaak
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few potato strips at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the cashewnuts and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds or till the cashews turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the cumin seeds, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the fried batata chips, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for
- 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.