Bajra Onion Muthia video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1012 times
Bajra Onion Muthia video. While muthias can be prepared in varied methods ranging from baking and deep-frying to steaming, you will find that cooking them in a kadhai is not only convenient but also gives them a richer flavour and wonderful texture. Here we show you how to make amazing Bajra Onion Muthias using a non-stick kadhai
Recipe Description for Bajra Onion Muthia, Bajra Onion Kadhai Muthia
- Combine the bajra flour, onions, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, coriander, soda bi-carb, salt and 1 tsp of oil in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll approximately 100 mm. (4") length.
- Cut into 25 mm. (1") in diameter slices and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia pieces, ½ cup of water, mix gently and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring once in between.
- Add more ¼ cup of water, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for another 8 minutes or till all the water evaporates.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
See step by step images of Bajra Onion Muthia, Bajra Onion Kadhai Muthia Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.