Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3358 times
With humble origins as a simple, homely breakfast in South India, the uttappa has now become famous all over the world, because it lends itself to so much innovation. Here is yet another variant, made with whole bajra and its flour. Vegetables like carrots and onions lend a nice crunch to this sumptuous dish, while coriander, lemon juice, etc., team up to perk up the flavour and aroma. Serve the Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa fresh off the tava with healthy green chutney.
Recipe Description for Bajra, Carrot and Onion Uttapa
- Combine the whole bajra, ½ cup of water and salt in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain the water and keep the cooked whole bajra aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, along with whole bajra and 1½ cups of water, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter over it and tilt the tava (griddle) lightly to spread the batter evenly to form a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle. Cook on a medium flame, using ? tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat step 5 to make 9 more uttapas.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.