Walnut Ganache Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 305 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23326 times
Ganache is a traditional sauce made of chocolate, cream and in this case walnuts, which is used to add a chocoholic dimension to cookies, pasties, peanut butter fudge and other tempting baked delicacies.
Ganache is mostly used as a filling, as in the case of these Walnut Ganache Cookies too. Here, cookie dough is sandwiched with ganache, cut into strips and then baked to perfection. The result is an irresistible, melt-in-the-mouth cookie with the unmistakable tinge of dark chocolate.
Lose yourself in this delightful treat because magic like this doesn’t happen everyday! Yummy Sweet Treats like these will make your kids happy when they open their lunch box and would love to share with their friends, so do pack some more.
- Combine all the ingredients in broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add approx. 5 tbsp of water and knead into a firm dough.
- Cover it with a lid and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a 175 mm. X 125 mm. (6 ½" x 5") rectangle.
- Cut the rolled dough into 4 vertical strips.
- Place 2 strips on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of the walnut ganache evenly over each strip.
- Cover both the strips with the remaining 2 strips.
- Finally cut each ganache layered strip into 4 equal pieces to get 8 pieces in all.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 8 more pieces.
- Transfer all the 16 pieces on to a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Transfer them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.