by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27027 times
Subz Shahjahani uses a wide range of spices. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that the prepared paste is precooked and then added to the gravy thus giving it a distinct flavour. This gravy tastes best with boiled mixed vegetables though you can add almost any other vegetable to it. It is advisable to remove the whole spices before serving.
- Combine the coconut, cardamom and cashewnuts and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the cloves, bayleaf, mace and the paste and sauté for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the ghee in a kadhai, add the caraway seeds and mixed vegetables and sauté for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in another kadhai, add the onions, ginger and garlic and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the chilli powder, kitchen king masala, salt and the prepared paste and mix well.
- Add the curds, milk and vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with parathas.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||345.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
|Folic Acid||9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.