Stuffed Cauliflower Puris
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15682 times
What a wonderful way to eat cauliflower! When combined with peanuts and coconut, cauliflower sheds its unpleasant smell and comes across as a gourmet ingredient.
- Soak the tamarind in ½ cup of water. Strain and squeeze out the tamarind water.
- Mix the tamarind water, jaggery and green chillies. Boil on a low flame for a few minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. Cook until the fenugreek seeds become red. Pour over the sauce.
- Boil again for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients and add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes and divide the dough into 32 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion in to small puris. Keep aside. .
- Divide the stuffing mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Spread a one portion of the stuffing mixture on one puri and put another on top.
- Stick the edges, applying a little water if necessary. Roll once and keep aside. Repeat with the remaining puri to make 15 more puris.
- Deep-fry in hot oil till they puff.
- Serve hot with the sweet and sour sauce.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.