Spinach and Corn Quiche
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29034 times
The pastry base is filled with a cheesy white sauce mixed with blanched spinach and American corn to give an attractive colour and flavour to the dish. Try it once and it is sure to become a hot favourite!
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the spinach and sauté till it wilts.
- Add the corn and sauté for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and green chillies sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the flour and cook on a slow flame, while stirring throughout, until froth appears.
- Add the milk gradually and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Combine the spinach and corn mixture with the white sauce in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture over the short crust pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 7 to 10 minutes or till the cheese melts. Cut into 4 wedges and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.