by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9471 times
Plantains (bananas) are one of the most commonly grown vegetables along the coast. This dish is very easy to make and is a wonderful accompaniment to steamed rice and dal.
- Peel the bananas and cut into cubes.
- In a pan, add the bananas, ¼ cup water, turmeric powder and salt and allow it to cook till bananas are tender and the water dries up. Keep aside
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and allow the seeds to crackle.
- Add the dry red chilies and curry leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the cooked bananas and grated coconut and mix well. Cook over a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||39.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.