by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22684 times
This 'chatpata' treat should be accompanied with steaming hot puris. The chole masala imparts a zesty flavour to this dish, and is commonly available at most provision stores.
- Dry roast the pomegranate seeds on a hot tava (griddle) for a few seconds. Cool and blend in a mixer to a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the anardana powder, cardamom, cinnamon and cook till the onions turn dark brown, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies, mix well and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, chole masala and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked and the mixture leaves oil.
- Add the red chana sprouts and salt, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.