Neapolitan Potato Salad
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 384 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24421 times
The Neapolitan style of cooking is characterised by the famous piazzaiola sauce. It consists of peeled, chopped and deseeded tomatoes, garlic, basil or marjoram and olive oil. It is served with pasta, grilled dishes and pizzas. Cooked potatoes with deseeded tomatoes, the Neapolitan way are a favourite Italian salad. This salad is like the one served in Naples which goes well as an accompaniment to a burger and is delicious just by itself. Chill this salad thoroughly before serving!
- Boil the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and chill thoroughly.
- Slice each tomato into 2 portions vertically. Remove the seeds and pulp and discard it.
- Cut the deseeded tomatoes into thin slices.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving so that the flavours blend well.
- Serve chilled.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||255.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.