by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 288 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55678 times
A mexican snack, popular with youngsters.
- Mix rhe maize flour and plain flour. Add the oil and salt. Mix well again.
- Make a dough by adding hot water. Knead very well.
- Roll out the dough into small circles with the help of a little plain flour. Prick lightly with a fork.
- Deep fry lightly in oil.
- Remove from the oil and sprinkle oil while hot.
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Next day, cook in pressure cooker. Drain.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, tomato ketchup, butter and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- When cooked, mash the beans lightly.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for about 10 minutes. Remove the skin and chop.
- Pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over the flame until the skin blanckens. Remove from the heat, rub off the burnt skin and chop.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1/2 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Use as required.
- On a heat-proof plate, arrange 12 to 15 corn chips in a single layer. Top each corn chip with 1 heaped teaspoon of re-fried beans.
- Sprinkle some salsa dip, spring onions, grated cheese and a few cut pieces of green chilli.
- Top with 7 to 8 more corn chips and make layers.
- Add the remaining chips and sprinkle the remaining topping.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and grill or bake at 200 degree c ( 400 degree f) for 5 to 7 minutes, or microwave on high for 2 minutes rotating the plate 2 or 3 times during the process or until the chips are heated and the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.