Added to 338 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49797 times
Malpuas are rich, soft deep fried pancakes which are soaked in saffron flavoured syrup and eaten warm topped with rabdi or just chopped almonds and pistachios. Traditionally malai malpuas are made from thickened milk or rabdi but this recipe is of instant malpuas using cream. You will find it easier to cook these malpuas on a non-stick pan, smearing the malpuas with enough ghee whilst cooking.
- Mix the cream and flour into a batter.
- Smear very little ghee on a frying pan and spread a small amount of the batter on it.
- Fry on both sides using a little ghee until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes to make a syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Warm the milk in a small bowl, add the saffron and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add to the syrup. Skim off any impurities that float on top using a slotted spoon.
- Add the rose water and keep the syrup warm.
- Soak the malpuas in the warm saffron syrup for 2 to 3 minutes and drain.
- Garnish with dry fruits.
- Serve warm, topped with rabdi.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.