by Tarla Dalal
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 122410 times
Italian cooking is wholesome and flavourful. This sizzler is a hearty combination of pasta tossed in a robust mushroom and black pepper sauce and served with zucchini pancakes. Buttered vegetables and a perfectly baked potato topped with a knob of butter complete this meal.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, garlic, mushrooms and celery and sauté till they are browned.
- Add the flour and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes over a slow flame, till the flour is lightly browned.
- Add salt and 3 cups of water and simmer till the sauce has thickened (approx. 10 to 15 minutes).
- Add the pepper and cream and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes and adjust the seasoning. Keep hot.
- Just before serving, toss the pasta in this sauce and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients together except the butter and shape into 4 pancakes, 75 mm. (3") in diameter.
- Cook over a medium flame on a non-stick griddle (tava) using a little butter, till both sides are golden brown. Keep aside.
- Parboil all the vegetables and immerse them in cold water.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the vegetables, salt and pepper and toss for a few seconds. Keep aside.
- Apply a little butter on the outer surface of each potato and wrap them separately in pieces of aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 45 to 50 minutes or till the
- Slit the potatoes in a criss-cross shape to make a cavity in each and spoon some butter into the cavities.
- Sprinkle some parsley, salt and pepper on top and keep warm.
- Heat 2 sizzler plates over an open flame till they are red hot. Place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Reheat the pasta with the mushroom pepper sauce. Serve half on one side of
- Top with 2 zucchini pancakes on the other side of the sizzler plate.
- Add some buttered vegetables and one baked potato on the other side of the sizzler plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients on the other sizzler plate to make another sizzler.
- Pour the oil-water mixture on the sides of the cast iron plates for a sizzling effect.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.