by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1541 times
Coconut Flour is a special gluten-free and protein-rich flour that is available in gourmet stores these days. It is rich in fibre, and lends itself to the making of breads and pancakes.
The bread made from coconut flour is kind of dense but very tasty, and definitely far healthier than those made of refined flour or whole wheat flour. This recipe shows you how to make Coconut Flour at home.
It can be made from the coconut pulp that is leftover after extracting coconut milk. So, when you make Coconut Flour at home, you get both the milk and the flour, which is an economical and smart thing to do.
You can use this coconut flour to make recipes like Coconut Flour Bread and Coconut Flour Pancakes .
- Combine the coconut and 2 cups of warm water in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Strain it using a damp muslin cloth in a deep bowl and squeeze out all the milk thoroughly with your hands.
- Preserve the coconut milk and store it in the refrigerator to make gravies.
- Take the remains of the squeezed coconut milk and spread it evenly on a baking tray.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 150°c (300°f) for 45 minutes, while stirring twice in between after every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and blend it in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Use as required, or store it in an air-tight container till use.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||45.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.