Broccoli Pizza Pie
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 264 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30193 times
This pie turned pizza is just too tasty to resist! A simple pie crust is loaded with broccoli and onions perked up with spices, herbs and of course, pizza sauce.
Loads of cheese grated atop the pie before baking gives a luscious, cheesy texture and fab taste. Serve the Broccoli Pizza Pie immediately on preparation, while the cheese is still soft and gooey.
Pair the Broccoli Pizza Pie with a refreshing glass of Shirley Temple or Mock Sangria and enjoy as a snack or pair it with one of you favourite Soups to make a hearty meal.
- Sieve the flour. Add the butter and salt and rub in with your fingertips.
- Add about 1½ tbsp of ice-cold water to make a dough
- Roll out the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Arrange the rolled out dough in a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter pie dish.
- Press the dough into pie dish and prick with a fork on the bottom and sides.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chili flakes, mixed herbs and pizza sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese evenly on the prepared pie crust.
- Spread the filling on the prepared pie crust, sprinkle the remaining ¾ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2750.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||83.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||67.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.