Added to 794 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 318817 times
Rice kheer is a traditional favourite all across india, especially in the south, where it is one of the most preferred options for weddings and special occasions. Traditionally, the milk and rice are simmered for a long time till the rice is cooked and the milk turns a pinkish hue with a rich aroma, texture and flavour. However, these days rice kheer can be made quickly with cooked rice and condensed milk. While this version is flavoured simply with cardamom powder, you can also dissolve a few strands of saffron in it. The garnishing also provides leeway for imagination with several options like dry fruits, nuts, finely-chopped fresh fruits or even sweet boondi made using coloured batter.
- Mix together the rice, milk and condensed milk in a broad non-stick pan and simmer on a flame, stirring continuously, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and ghee and mix well till the sugar has dissolved.
- Serve hot.
- The rice should be over cooked to get a more creamy texture for the kheer.
- VARIATION : RICE KHEER (SUGAR FREE)
- Use 4 to 6 sachets of artificial sweetner, instead of the sugar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.