Kabuli Chana Biryani
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60624 times
An innovative blend of rice and pulses. When served with a bowl of low fat curds raita, this can be a really healthy and satisfying dish.
Add your private note
Kabuli Chana Biryani recipe - How to make Kabuli Chana Biryani
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Baking Time : 25 mins.   Baking Temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Makes 6 servings
- Soak the kabuli chana overnight. Boil with a little water the next day. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a while.
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and 2 teaspoons of water and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, tomatoes, potatoes and green chillies and stir for a while.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- To the cooked biryani rice, add the coriander, mint, green chillies and saffron milk. Keep aside.
- Grease a large baking dish. Make 5 layers by spreading 1/3of the rice, then spreading ½ the kabuli chana gravy, next spreading 1/3of the rice and finally the remaining kabuli chana gravy and another layer of rice.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 209 calories|
|Protein|| 6.2 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 36.6 gm|
|Fat|| 4.3 gm|
|Cholesterol|| 0 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.